Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gluten Free / Dairy Free Pancakes

Made these at the weekend. I tend make these most weekends, usually on Sundays. Dave loves them, he's usually the one who requests them, sometimes asking they be brought to him in bed (like that's going to happen). They may take longer to make than a bowl of cereal, but they are sooo well worth it. My mouth is starting salivate just thinking about them.

Last weekend, while i was making them, I realised I didn't have enough soya milk, but had plenty of coconut milk in the fridge, so used that along with the soya milk and to my pleasant surprise made the pancakes exceptionally tasty and I've decided to use coconut milk from now on (as long as I have it in the fridge that is)

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup rise flour
1/2 cup potato flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
(or use 1 3/4 cup of your favourite flour mix)
2 Tblsp caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 soya milk
1/4 coconut milk
3 Tblsp Oil
2 Eggs (separate yolk from white)
1/2 tsp vanilla or lemon juice

METHOD:

1) Combine dry ingredients
2) Combine egg yolks and wet ingredients
3) Whisk the egg whites separately until stiff. This will make your pancakes fluffy
4) Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir to combine
5) Add the egg whites to the mixture and gently fold in
6) Spoon the mixture into a hot and oiled fry pan. When lots of little bubble holes appear, it is ready to flip.
7) Serve with your favourite topping. I like fresh lemon juice and maple or golden syrup


No comments:

Post a Comment