Monday, May 10, 2010

Psyllium Husk Powder


May 2010
Psyllium Husk Powder

Psyllium husk comes from part of a seed of a plant called Plantago Ovata. It is a soluble fibre and becomes gel-like when mixed with water. It is great for gluten free baking, particularly breads, as it helps to add springyness making them less crumbly, so works well as a gluten replacer, as well as adding a nice flavour to bread.

I find it is of particular benefit to myself, as someone with Colitis, because it is a soluble fibre and helps moves things slowly and smoothly through your system. I have been using it for 2 months now and I find it really helps.

But I am just one person and this product may not be suitable for you. I am not an expert and I suggest you ask your doctor if Pysllium husk will be suitable for you. I think you should always seek medical advice before taking supplements.

Psyllium husk powder can be found in most health shops. It should be naturally gluten free but you should check with the manufacturer of the brand to make sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment